Animals other than service animals are not permitted inside Festival Venues. See “Service Animals” for more information.
Everything You Need To Know About The Festival
Welcome to Festival of African American Arts & Entertainment A-Z Guide. Join us in “Celebrating African American Artistic Excellence” #homecoming #familyreunion
There will be a limit of one bag per person admitted. All bags are subject to search and cannot be larger than 12"W x 12"H x 16"L. There will be no bag storage on the grounds.
Code of Conduct
Shirts and footwear are required to be worn at all times. Do not
wear any clothing or accessories with
indecent, inappropriate, or offensive messaging or imagery. Refrain
from the use of foul, abusive,
offensive or inappropriate language or gestures, and any
inappropriate behavior that creates a
disruptive atmosphere for other guests. Do not enter upon any stage.
Consume alcoholic beverages in a
responsible and lawful manner. Do not use fan/user based video
streaming apps and video recording
devices to record performances. Show your ticket upon request and
only sit in your designated seat,
where applicable. Follow instructions from event staff regarding
event operations or emergency procedures. Refrain from smoking, as
this is a smoke-free
environment. Do not enter any venue with
any items on the Prohibited Items List.
Guests who do not adhere to Festival of African American Arts & Entertainments Guest Code of Conduct will be subject to ejection without refund and/or possible arrest and may be prohibited from attending future Festivals. If any guest observes any inappropriate behavior or an incident of concern, please contact the nearest event staff.
Lost & Found
To inquire about lost property, you can also call the Command Center at 212-340-1147. Leave a message with name number and lost item(s) and an email address. Someone will reach out to you.
Mobile Phone Charger Courtesy of (TBD)
Low battery, no problem. Stop by any charging station around the grounds or get a complimentary mobile charging device to stay powered up and make sure you don't miss a beat. While supplies last, only available on-site.
See the map and corresponding information regarding where to park when coming to each venue.
Safety is one of the highest priorities at Festival of African American Arts & Entertainment, as we continue to take every reasonable step to ensure the safety of everyone attending. Several important security measures will be implemented in conjunction with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- We encourage guests to arrive early to avoid delays and help speed the entry of all attendees.
- All guests will go through a screening process before entering all venues.
- There will be a limit of one bag per person admitted in all venues.
- All bags are subject to search and must not be larger than 12”W x 12”H x 16”L.
- There will be no bag storage.
- The following items are prohibited and MAY NOT be brought onto the premises:
- Backpacks (Exception: single compartment drawstring bags)
- Hard coolers or like containers
- Sealed packages of any kind
- Glass bottles or cans (Exception: reusable water bottles-24 oz. or less, metal and plastic)
- Aerosol cans or noise-making devices
- Video cameras or recording devices (Exception: cell phones and SLR cameras with video or recording capabilities)
- Computers or laptops
- Weapons (regardless of permit)
- Animals (Exception: service animals)
- Flags, banners or signs
- Any materials, items or apparel constituting unauthorized advertising or promotion
- Laser pointing devices
- Drones (UAS-Unmanned Aircraft Systems) or other model aircraft
- Selfie-sticks or other telescopic devices
- Any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate by Festival personnel, in their sole discretion
Service animals must be harnessed, leashed or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. Within the seating venues, service animals will be required to rest in the seating area of the individual with a disability and may not rest in or block aisles. A guest whose service animal poses a threat to the safety of other guests and employees, whose animal is not housebroken or whose animal does not remain under the guest’s control may be asked to escort the animal off the premises.
Smoking and use of electronic cigarettes is prohibited in all Festival venues
Wheelchair service is available to guests with mobility issues on a first-come, first served basis.
Due to overwhelming volume, Will Call does not accommodate requests to leave tickets by attendees including VVIP, VIP, all Festival Pass ticket holders or individual ticket purchasers. It continues to service the event sponsors, corporate hospitality clients and members of the media and staff.